Saturday 2 May 2015

Review: Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base

I was recently sent the new Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base*, which is part of the Clarins Aquatic Treasures Summer Make-up collection. I am not usually a huge fan of primers as I like a medium coverage foundation and use full coverage concealers to hide blemishes, or too many late nights, so often find adding a primer can be a little too much product on my skin. However, this one promised to be lightweight so I was excited to try it out.
This base is designed to give you a perfect complexion everyday by naturally illuminating and correcting your skin tone for a flawless finish. It also offers hydrating and soothing skin care benefits due to katafray bark extract. It is available in three shades - rose (brightens all complexions), champagne (corrects redness) and peach (restores lustre to medium and matte skin) - leaving a veil of light radiance that evens skin tone, boosts luminosity and restores skin's vitality. As part of the Summer collection two new shades have been added - 04 Apricot (which is what I tried) and 05 Golden Bronze.
Being super pale this shade was too dark for me, but it was great when mixed with my moisturiser to add a little extra colour, especially after I had used some gradual tanner on my body. Used alone on the skin it gave a lovely, luminescent finish. Even though it has a slight glow it sinks into the skin quickly and sets/ dries so it doesn't feel at all sticky. It definitely made my skin look smoother and more even toned while covering minor imperfections. For me this is perfect for the Summer months used alone instead of foundation or mixed in with moisturiser or sunscreen to give a little coverage and a healthy boost of glow!

The Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base is £26.50 here. Have you tried it? What are your thoughts on the formulation and how do you wear it?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig